The Navigator Program is federally mandated for all state health exchanges. Covered California’s Navigator Program is a partnership with community organizations across the state who have experience in reaching and assisting California’s diverse populations and have proven success enrolling Consumers in health care programs. Navigators are Certified Enrollment Counselors that assist Consumers through a variety of outreach, education, enrollment, post enrollment, and renewal support services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Inform Covered California eligible consumers of the availability and benefits of obtaining health care coverage;
- Promote the value of purchasing health care coverage;
- Motivate consumers to act;
- Help consumers to shop and compare plans;
- Facilitate enrollment into Covered California Health Insurance Plans;
- Assist consumers with the Covered California eligible renewal process; and
- Provide post enrollment outreach and support to Covered California eligible consumers.